Monday, December 5, 2011

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

AnQi, 13
Rick Riordan
The Lost Hero
Hyperion Books for Children 2010

After getting lost in a whole paranormal faze of reading, I needed something light, humorous, but still serious/adventure kind of book. It so happens that just a few days ago, The Lost Hero came out, adding another series to the Camp Half Blood stories, including the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Some might complain that some books need to end- for this particular book, I thought that too, until I actually read it. Now I'm thinking that Rick Riordan was right to continue this on-with his great creative plot skills, I now know I was in for a treat! The Lost Hero has certain elements that Percy Jackson does not have. I can see more character development with our main characters- Piper, Leo, and Jason- that does not happen with Percy, Annabeth, or Grover in PJ. This book was also written in third person, which lets you see different personalities at one time. I think that certainly added to the book. There are also more realistic events that actually happen in real life- abuse, loss, and difficulties. It definitely has a more sullen and realistic feel than PJ does. And added to that, there is a better developed, twisty and turning plot, that adds so much more elements than the Percy Jackson series ever did. All in all, this was a fantastic read, and I can't wait 'till Mr. Riordan has more for us.

Rating: 5 Hard to imagine a better book

No comments:

Post a Comment