Monday, May 23, 2011

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster (3 reviews)

Danielle,    15  
Mike A. Lancaster  
Human.4  
Egmont USA    2011

        Human.4 was the creepiest book I have ever read. It interested me though and I greatly enjoyed it. It was different from other books I usually read but still had qualities that interested me. This book was very good and an intriguing read.       

Rating: 4 Better than most

-------------
Tahirih,    15 
Mike A. Lancaster 
Human.4    
Egmont    2011

     Sometime in the early 21st century, Kyle Straker recorded an incredible story about a shocking event on a set of three casette tapes. Found hundreds of years in the future, it's listeners can hardly believe it's contents. Kyle lived in a small village called Millgrove, somewhere in England. With only 1,000 citizens inhabiting it (at the max), Millgrove doesn't have much in the way for entertainment. However, an annual talent show is held every year. This time around, Kyle's friend Danny joins as a hypnotist. When his act comes up, Danny doesn't recieve any volunteers, and Kyle, feeling sorry for him, volunteers along with three others. His life afterwards was never the same. The four of them awake to a frozen crowd, mouths gaping and eyes wide with terror. Nothing they do will wake any of them up. When they try to turn on a TV in hope of gaining some insight into the situation, call a neighboring town, and even try to access news from a computer, nothing works. Eventually the villagers wake up, but they're not the same. Kyle and the three others who know what happened aren't believed when they share their stories, and soon run away from their estranged families and friends. Now the question is: What really happened? 

   My intial thought on the book is easily summed up: Creepy. It wasn't terrifying, bone chilling, etc. but the idea is still really creepy, especially if you imagine yourself in Kyle's position. Overall, it was a great book :) 

Rating: 4 Better than most
------------------

Spencer,    13
Mike A. Lancaster
Human.4  
Egmont    2011

          I enjoyed this book very much it was a sci-fi novel but was very intriguing and was sort of dark. But I enjoyed how it made me think about how I would react and cope with the world freezing and eventually everyone but four people being "upgraded" by some unknown force. I loved the mystery and the tension that it supplied. I kept me on the edge of my seat beginning to end. Sequel? Maybe? PLEAAASE!?!?!

Rating: 5 Hard to imagine a better book

No comments:

Post a Comment